Question:
What breeds of cats and dogs can live together?
puttopal
2005-11-07 14:57:51 UTC
Are there any particular breeds of dog that can live in the same household as a cat and not chase them all the time or fight?
Three answers:
lmkuta
2005-11-29 13:13:15 UTC
Cornish Rex cats usually do very well with dogs. Most Cornish are very smart, friendly, outgoing, fearless and playful and love having dog pals to chase, wrestle and cuddle with. The best advice I can give is make sure the rescue groups/breeders you contact either ask for extensive info about your family/dogs or has met them. This way, they can select the best fit personality and behavior wise.
Woody
2005-11-24 00:42:11 UTC
I would say the only breeds that it would matter would be more hyper breeds like Jack Russell Terriers, etc. Animals that have a hightened chase instinct. My Austrailan Shepard doesn't care that there is a cat in my house. The cat (unknown breed) doesn't care that the dog is there. My Pug is a different story, but also the cat seems to enjoy the attention from the pug as it will sometimes provoke the pug.
2005-12-11 01:07:43 UTC
i would say golden reiriver and siamese fighting cat