Question:
Can spider monkeys be pets even when you have no experience with them?
2005-12-14 10:23:09 UTC
I want a Capuchin Monkey for a pet but I have no experience with one.
One answer:
Gio
2005-12-14 10:27:49 UTC
no, they probably shouldn't. in fact no monkeys should be pets really, for most people.

I'm not saying this because I'm an animal lover or anything. in reality, people get monkeys as pets when they're little and cute. but when these monkeys get older they get much more aggressive and territorial, especially males. they can attack people or other pets and they urinate and defecate all over the place. that's just natural behavior, they're not meant to be domesticated.

so then people end up with these adult monkeys they can't handle, and they have to get rid of them. just don't get a monkey in the first place.