Question:
Was or is there an actual horse that is more than 16hh if so are there pictures of the horse?
2005-12-12 17:58:41 UTC
Was or is there an actual horse that is more than 16hh if so are there pictures of the horse?
Three answers:
salemvot
2005-12-17 16:25:39 UTC
Yes there are horses over 16 hands and, I have pictures of one such horse, my Apendix Quarter horse mare named BBQ (Big Bay Quarter) is 17.0 hands. She is 4 years old and rides western pleasure. I also own her colt, Sassafras and he is 14.3 hands at 5 months old.
mousymite
2005-12-13 04:09:41 UTC
The draft horses are the largest breeds, although there are light horse breeds that can exceed 16hh. From the Percheron Horse Association of America web page: "Percherons range in height from 15 to 19 hands high, most are between 16-2 and 17-3 hands high."
LDW
2005-12-13 03:43:30 UTC
If you mean 16.0 hands high, mine was 16.2 which isn't that unusual. He was a thoroughbred, and that is tall but typical for that breed. Draft horses such as Percherons and Clydesdales run tall as well. Warmbloods from the Europeans are almost always over 16.. and beautiful!