Question:
Will a rat eat a gerbil?
rosemary9075
2005-12-12 04:44:51 UTC
When I get my rat will it accept my gerbil as a little friend, kill it or worse still eat it? Although I wouldn't leave them alone together my gerbil runs about the floor when the cat & dog are about, they don't seem to bother with it.
Three answers:
Qacidee
2005-12-12 09:17:07 UTC
I have both rats and gerbils. In my experience, it will be the gerbil that may be aggressive. The rat will be curious in the beginning, rather than initially aggressive. I agree with Callie, you should not put them together at all.
happymom80
2005-12-14 00:35:28 UTC
I'm not sure. But I know that a rat will definately kill a mouse, so I'm thinking the bigger one will kill the smaller one? I have absolutely no experience with gerbils though...they're illegal in California :(
callie
2005-12-12 12:46:56 UTC
your rat will be very territorial, and it will fight with your gerbil. not a good idea for them to meet on any terms.